Findling a fully vegetarian restaurant in a five-star hotel is really a tough task. Shraman, located in The Ashok hotel is one of the most authentic pure vegetarian restaurants that have been maintaining their standards and quintessence of pure vegetarian food. The food tastes awesome despite the fact that they don’t even use garlic and onions in their food. Here you get a wide range of cuisines including Gujrati, Rajasthani & North Indian. Recently I visited there with my office collegues.
We started with beverages and ordered Chi Pang and Khas Aur Paan Ka Sharbat. Both the drinks were very refreshing and the best to beat this scorching heat.
For starters we ordered Jodhpuri Mirch, Raaj Kachori and Paan Patta Chaat.
• Jodhpuri Mirch – These were tempting Jodhpuri Mirch Pakoras. Must try.
• Raaj Kachori – Delish Marwadi Kachori was beautifully stuffed with chutnies, curd and chanas.
• Paan Patta Chaat – This was one of the Jain special starters. Crispy fried pan patta was covered with sprouts, moong dal, curd Yand chutney etc. Highly recommended.For Main Course we ordered Paneer long latta, Dal Panchratni, Dal Bati Churma, Raita, Assorted breads and Jeera Rice etc.• Paneer Long Latta – Softy and stuffed cottage cheese rolls were cooked in creamy tomato curry. Nice in taste.
• Dal Panchratni – Awesome blend of five dals. Great in taste.
• Dal Bati Churma – The thing that one must not miss. Loved this dal bati churma.
For Desserts we tried Stuffed Kesari Kala Jamun, Ghewar Malai Mishri and Shahi Tukda. And I must say all the desserts were just awesome in taste.
The Staff was courteous and service was prompt. Would like to visit this place again. Highly recommended to Pure Vegetarian Foodies.